Tuesday, October 12, 2010

It's been awhile, which is infuriating because
I promised myself that I would make an effort
To write every single day,
Even if it was something mundane
(Like this)
Or something profound and eloquent.
I know better than to expect productivity
Every single day
But I would still hope that every OTHER day
Would suffice and be equally decent.
But you get what you put in.

------

I dislike businesspeople.
I dislike their eager faces and their
'Ready to please' attitudes
Because they want a share of your pie.
Their utter lack of curiosity and
Their inability to enjoy anything
For its own sake and outside of profit.
I cannot stand to see them in their
Polo shirts and slacks, with their click-clack
Dress-shoes observing everything in mock
Interest while the modulator in their
Brain converts everything into margins,
Percentages, overhead, and dollars.
I hate that they are respected so much
For what amounts to their triumphant greed.
Their humor curdles milk.
Their smiles would cover a tomb in frost.
Their interests are the pockets on a stomach
Riddled with Diverticulitis, collecting bits of
Seed and shell and giving the body an opportunity
To wallow in internal infection.

No comments: